Sunday, July 13, 2008

What Can you Buy with RM60?

Here's the list of food items that I bought with roughly RM60 at Nilai wet market and a sundry shop in Taman Semarak this morning.
1. 1 whole chicken (RM13)
2. 3 ikan selar (RM5.50)
3. 1 packet of mee kuning
4. 2 carrots (RM1)
5. 4/5 limes
6. 5 buns
7. 5kg of rice
8. 1 bottle of juice
9. 1 small refill packet of Milo.

Well, some of the items will be gone in 2-3 days (eg the buns and mee kuning). I still need to buy carrots since my vegie plot still could not sustain our daily consumption yet...or maybe, i need some variety to add to the dish.

It needs some deeper thought I think, when I read a byline in the NST (July 13,08) on Feed The Poor. Here goes: If you think skipping that one fancy meal is a sacrifice, imagine having to send your children to a shelter home because you can't afford to feed them.

No comments: