Friday, December 12, 2008

In the morning....

Taking advantage of the not-so-sunny weather, I spent about 2 hours in the laman this morning. First, the keladi needs to find a home. I cleared the grass, dig a hole and put in some black compost soil and went in the tuber. Hopefully, it'll grow.

Next, the area around the blue vase (heliconia). I want to have some plant covering the base area. The same procedure repeated. But for the plant, I had to dig them from the planter box at the gate. So off I went to the front and digged out the purple 'kuku jin' (#8). Now, they have found a new home. By the way, only one vase is 'decorated' for I don't have enough of the 'kuku jin'!!

As for the mulch, after pausing and thinking for some time, I decided to use the (??? brown thatched-like material) from the coconut and palm trees!! Yes, I'm a frugal gardener....

And in today's edition of the New Straits Times (Life and Times - Living), there's an article on thrifty gardeners, plus a column by Desmond Ho of Terra Garden on Orchids. Anyone for the contest in Desmond's column?

No comments: